Killian Louis Grant
Full-Stack Engineering & Leadership
- HTMx, Web Components, PWA
- CSS, SCSS, Bootstrap, Tailwind
- React, Redux, MobX
- Vue, VueX, Pinia
- Accessibility testing and remediation
- Performance testing and remediation
- Node, Express, Nest, Next, Nuxt
- PHP, Symfony, Laravel
- Java, Spring Boot
- Swagger, OpenAPI
- REST, GraphQL, gRPC
- Message Queues, Microservices
- SQL, Postgres, MySQL, SQLite, BigQuery, RDS
- NoSQL, Mongo, Couch
- Redis, Caching, Pub / Sub
- Firebase, Firestore, RealtimeDB
- Migration and Versioning
- ERD, Architecture, Design
DevOps & Deployment
- GitHub Actions
- AWS, GCP
Senior Technical Lead, March 2023 - September 2023
- Worked with a small team of designers, in-house and offshore developers, and project managers to create custom software solutions for lifestyle and restaurant brands.
- Responsible for the architecture, development, and deployment of client products and services.
- Collaborated with clients to gather requirements, create technical specifications, and write statements of work.
Kin + Carta
Principal Architect 8, December 2021 - March 2023
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet business requirements and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills to deliver effective and efficient software solutions to multi-million dollar budget projects.
- Contributed to the design and implementation of complex software systems by utilizing modern full-stack technologies.
Senior Lead Front-End Engineer, July 2020 - September 2021
- Responsible for re-architecting the legacy subscriber-side experience for our streaming video application. Replaced legacy liquid-based templates with reusable Vue components.
- Improved front-end developer experience by decoupling the front-end from legacy Rails platform (SPA), modernizing front-end toolsets and advocating for better seed / migration data.
- Established front-end best practices and coding standards. Implemented style-guides, test suites, and code linting / formatting to enforce standards and best-practices.
Director of Apprenticeship Instruction and Development, January 2020 - July 2020
- Responsible for rewriting the academy's curriculum. Performed interviews with clients, existing development managers, and alumni to determine what languages and theories would best suit our clients and the students.
- Created 12 weeks of intensive Typescript and Java courses and teaching materials for students and instructors.
- Managed the engineering team during the COVID pandemic. Responsible for the operational management of the engineering department. Performed 1:1s, and implemented plans for professional growth and continuing education.
- Provided technical leadership / consulting for all agency sales calls. Provided technical assessments and scoping for all new projects.
Director of Engineering, September 2018 - January 2020
- Responsible for leading and coaching the Engineering, Design, Quality Assurance, DevOps and Project Management teams. Incorporated all teams into one cross-functional team Delivery Team. Responsible for their allocations and utilization, professional growth, setting measurable goals and ensuring that they're met.
- Implemented a training and mentorship program to accelerate internal team growth. Promoted Project Managers, Designers, and Developers to practice-lead positions. Worked with leads to create, document and implement standards and best practices within their areas of expertise.
- Provided architectural support and personnel management to offshore teams across India and Brazil. Responsible for ensuring offshore projects were of quality, maintainable, on-time, and under budget.
- Implemented boilerplate-style features and user stories, ensuring that they are thorough and focused on functionality and testability. Introduced pseudo-code style acceptance criteria that is easy to read, binary, and testable.
- Transitioned quality assurance processes from off-site contractors to in-house full-time employees. Integrated and implemented the new process into the existing Agile / Scrum engineering process.
- Collaborated with Business Development and Technical Solutions Architecture teams to improve project scoping processes, gathering requirements, and writing statements of work.
Technical Director, July 2017 - September 2018
- In charge of managing the entire Engineering / QA / Ops departments. Responsible for establishing appropriate growth and productivity requirements to meet operational and strategic company goals. Provided training and personal / professional growth plans for all department employees.
- Collaborated with executive leadership, lead engineers, and project managers to audit and improve our development process; focused on improving quality, increasing productivity, and reducing waste.
- Served as technical liaison / consultant for all sales engagements; served as main technical point-of-contact for all clients.
- Implemented coding standards, best practices, and peer code-reviews. Created git-hooks for linting and formatting to keep code consistent and improve legibility / maintainability.
- Worked as Principal Architect and Engineer to rebuild BEAM (Branding Engagement and Asset Management) Platform as a service-based product.
Technical Director (Contract), March 2017 - July 2017
- In charge of managing the entire Engineering / QA / Ops departments. Responsible for their allocations, professional growth, setting measurable goals and ensuring that they're met
- Implemented boilerplate-style features / user stories, ensuring that they are thorough and focused on functionality. Introduced pseudo-code style acceptance criteria that is easy to read, binary, and testable
- Transitioned QA processes from off-site contractors to in-house full-time employees. Integrated and implemented the internal QA process into the existing Agile / Scrum engineering process
- Interfaced directly with clients; provided estimates, scoping documentation, solutions architecture, and project negotiation.
Director of Engineering, October 2013 - February 2017
- In charge of hiring, managing, and facilitating the personal and professional growth of the entire Engineering / QA / Ops departments. Responsible for ensuring their productivity and utilization percentages are inline with company profits / margins and growth plan.
- Collaborated with V.P. of Product to create and execute a proprietary Lean / Agile software development process and methodology, focused on speed and quality. After total adoption, we decreased our defect rates to < 5% and increased feature / task cycle-times by 33%.
- Responsible for creating, updating, and implementing coding standards and best practices. Organized Tech-Lead roles per project to enforce standards and best practices and ensure that each feature / user story is well-written and in line with project roadmap.
Lead Full-Stack Developer, December 2011 - October 2013
- In charge of leading and managing a team of 5 developers and designers, performed code-reviews, and facilitated collaboration between front-end engineers and designers.
- Collaborated with Sales for scoping, feature definition, and vetting and choosing technologies best suited for each project.
- Implemented and executed mobile-first design and development strategies. Created training resources for sales and designers to better understand their implementation and value to users.
Senior Full-Stack Developer, July 2010 - December 2011
- Developed websites, micro-sites, banner-ads, and Facebook applications for clients with multi-million dollar budgets.
- Implemented a formal QA process and hired the first SRG QA technician.
- In charge of researching and choosing technologies for all projects.
- Conducted live-broadcast web conferences showcasing new and useful web technologies.
Metropolitan State University of Denver
BA, Design and Visual Communications, 2004
Red Rocks Community College
AA, Visual Communications, 2002